Friday, June 8, 2012

Odometer: 3009

Well I have passed the 3000 mile mark! I suppose that this is exciting. How did I do it? By driving 45 miles to and from work every day! Also from trying to get on the correct road and then getting off it cause I messed up and then trying to find the right road again. I've started work and it's been good so far. The first week has been a lot of orientation sort of stuff. Training on the computer systems and standard operating procedures. Today I had a lengthy interactive video training on sexual harassment and other forms of harassment. At least it was videos; many of the other ones I've had to read a bunch of information which is not incredibly entertaining. I've learned some stuff from my host advisor, Jeff. He is very successful. From what I've learned about the company so far too it seems like a great company to work for in the future. I'll definitely be keeping in touch with this firm.

They're really kinda ug
Tuesday night, after my second day, I got the chance to see the fun side of the financial world. All of the branches in our region that met the region standards went out to dinner to relax and celebrate together. We went out to "eastern shore" to enjoy an all you can eat crab dinner! I don't remember the city name or the restaurant, but it was over by Annapolis across the bay bridge, which is very long by the way. So anyway, crabs are interesting. They take a lot of effort to eat and it's very unsubstantial. Apparently it is a "social food." It was cool though to learn how to get the meat. The leg meet wasn't bad but getting the main body meat was gross. You basically open it's body and scrape off all the guts and goo and then eat whatever's left. Good experience but probably won't be occurring again soon. The hush puppies were quite delicious though.

                  The restaurant and the parking lot (docking dock?)                                Some CRABS



Wednesday was my first TERRIBLE TRAFFIC experience. Did it take 40 minute to drive 5.2 miles? YES! I went to pick up a new friend Heather to help me shop for some sweet shirts for work. Nordstrom's Rack is beautiful I learned. Also, Costco in the mall. Weirdest thing in my life. Heather is also new to DC area so I took her to the city to see some quick things since it was only 10 minutes away if you don't make wrong turns like I did.

  There were armed guards on the lawn and the roof. Don't mess.                       Tall as always


NOW IT'S THE WEEKEND FINALLY! I'M READY FOR SOME REST AND RELAXATION! MORE MILES TO COME.

2 comments:

  1. I love crab legs. They are so tasty.

    While you live out there, you have to go grocery shopping at Wegmans. It is a magical, magical place. Lindsay Brown will back me up on this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are having a good time out there.

    And I had SOME words on my blog post. If you really want stuff to read on my blog, there are PLENTY of other posts I have written. :)

    ReplyDelete