Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Odometer: 0

Well, I decided to make a blog. Never thought I would make one of these but I thought it would be good to keep everyone up to date on my summer adventure.

About a year and half ago I started looking into the financial advisor career. I decided it would be a fun career, albeit especially difficult in the first few years. In January, 2012, I applied for the financial advisor internship program with Edward Jones, crossed my fingers, and prayed that I might get the opportunity to work for their firm. Months passed without any word. In the mean time I applied for almost a dozen other internships with out success. I had pretty much given up hope on getting a summer internship when I got an email from Edward Jones--three actually--in April. The first was an invitation to have a phone interview, the second was a "disregard the last email" email, and the third negated the second. <= That was a stressful 20 minutes. The interview went well and a few weeks later I was offered a position in the program. After a few more weeks I was given my location assignment in Maryland.

I was excited to move out east for the summer time (I needed a break from Utah). After a few freak-out moments and lots of help from my friend Linda, I found somewhere to live in Alexandria, VA. My workplace was about an hour outside of DC but I wanted to live close to the city for the Washington experience and to be able to hang out with my little brother, Ben, who also has an internship in DC right now. The metro doesn't go to my job so I decided I would need my car with me in DC to get me around.

So this mighty blog that I've created will keep track of my life for the next few months according to the number of miles I've driven. Hopefully I can think of interesting things to write about and take some cool pictures along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment