Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Odometer: 447

Well in day one I already beat my record for the longest solo drive I've ever done! 447 miles all by myself! I started out in Provo, UT and drove through Provo Canyon. If I had known what was awaiting me in Wyoming, I would have taken more time to appreciate the scenery in Utah. Although there were some very cool geological features in Wyoming, it just wasn't very awe inspiring.

Most of if looked like this.

 Part of the way it looked like this.

Sometimes there were cool things like this.

I actually did enjoy looking at the sedimentary rocks in the second picture. I took a geology class a couple years ago so I could understand the history of the area (sort of). First there were orange layers, then some red layers, then somehow it sank into the earth and now has been eroding away.

BRITISH PEOPLE and FOOTLONGS
I had an fun time in line at the subway in Evanston, Wyoming. I pulled in at about lunch time so it was pretty crowded at the local Subway. Behind me there were three or so couples from England with cameras around their necks. I didn't talk to them but heard them saying things like "Here they call it a foot long," which was fascinating to some. One woman pretended to order, "how about 30 centimeters?" which they all chuckled at. As they were making it through the line I heard them encouraging and congratulating each other on successful orders. I wonder what the heck they were doing in Wyoming...

LITTLE AMERICA!
For some reason, every billboard in Wyoming is for a place called Little America.

I got to Wyoming safely and without incident. It was warm, sunny, and quite windy, which I guess is pretty normal in those parts.

2 comments:

  1. British people in Wyoming? Funny.

    Also, there's a part of me that's thinking about driving when I move and oh holy crap, I just realized we are on the same side of the country. hmm....

    ReplyDelete